As a Backend Engineer working on the Revelstoke platform team, you will be an integral part of the group building out the back end of the detection automation platform, attack detection analytics and machine learning operations using the most effective big data solutions. Your contributions will help Revelstoke customers accelerate the detection and investigation of network breaches, and hunt down intruders already inside their enterprise networks.
You will be a technical leader within the team, with responsibility for mentoring and supporting your team members, developing features from end-to-end, and supporting our systems in production. You will collaborate with the rest of the team on architectural direction, managing technical debt, and continuously evolving the team’s agile development process.
- Design, build and operate services hosted in AWS.
- Work with our Detection Automation, Data Science, Attack Detection teams to build application and data services, and data pipelines for meeting customer needs.
- Design, code, and test application and data services, and data pipelines.
- Mentoring and guiding other engineers, and ensuring high quality and timely delivery
- Represent your team in architectural meetings with peer engineering groups
- Own projects them from product requirements through design and into implementation
- Familiar with challenges of architecting at scale, and maps architecture vision into strategic initiatives
- You have built customer-facing software for a SaaS business
- You love to dig in, prototype, build, test, and see projects through to production
- You have built distributed systems and know what it takes to architect, deploy and maintain such systems
- Are proficient in Java and/or Python and comfortable with Spring; you are able to pick up other systems quickly (e.g. Spark/Scala)
- Are familiar with distributed data stores, such as HBase, Bigtable, and S3, as well as relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL, and big data pipelines such as Kafka and Kinesis
- Knowledge of AWS and its built-in services is a strong plus
- You can balance shipping new products and features with addressing technical debt and investments in architecture and infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and 5+ years professional experience as a back-end developer/engineer
Open in the US
To apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org