Revelstoke + Britive Integration
Britive can automate Just in Time (JIT) privileged access management, offer contextual information from the Britive JIT Secrets and elevate incident response for analysts and SOC teams.
How It Works
Revelstoke observes and responds to the root of an incident, notifying analysts and SOC teams. With the integration of Britive, you can programmatically make configurations or changes in Britive, instead of directly accessing the administrative console or the user interface. This document provides step-by-step instructions on how to connect Britive to Revelstoke and manage this integration.
The Britive integration requires an admin role in order to authorize the account. If you are not an admin, please reach out to an admin or account owner within your organization to configure the integration for you.
If you need any help getting the Britive integration up and running, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via email at [email protected].
In Britive, the REST-based APIs allow you to perform specific configuration changes related to:
- Audit Logs
- My Access
- Secrets Manager
- Policy Administration
Each of these functionalities can be leveraged to integrate with Revelstoke. Here’s a general walkthrough of how you might set this up:
- Generate an API Key: Go to “Settings” > “API Access Keys” > “Create new API Key”.
- Set the custom name. Note: if you select Read-Only, you may not be able to execute all Revelstoke commands.
- In your Revelstoke account, navigate to the integrations page
2. Click the “Search Integrations…” field.
3. Type in the search bar “Britive” and click this image.
4. Using the new Integration setup in the previous steps:
a. Required Fields:
ii. Base URL
iii. API Token
5. Click Save.
How to Disable
- Select the Revelstoke project that is configured to trigger Brtive Audit Logs.
- Navigate to the Integrations page.
- Under the Britive section click the Pencil icon.
- Uncheck Enabled and then select Save to stop creating triggers.
How to Remove
- In your Revelstoke account, navigate to the Integrations page.
- Select the Trash icon.
- Select Yes, delete to remove the Britive instance from Revelstoke.
By integrating Revelstoke with Britive, you can easily automate privileged access management and elevate your SOC team’s incident response. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact our support team.